Part Time Virtual Tutor for K-12
- Are you ready to help students who need support the most?
- Are you available Monday- Friday during the school day?
- Are you passionate about helping students improve their skills in Reading and/or Math?
What will you do as an Online Part-Time Contract Tutor?
- You can choose your own schedule (consistency is important, but we do have subs available, if needed)
- You can tutor all 5 days, Monday-Friday!
- Curriculum is supplied for you (no lesson planning!)
- No guaranteed number of hours per week, but many students are in need of tutors, so tutors with consistent–the number of students are growing each week.
- You will tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting using our Littera Virtual Classroom
- Build meaningful relationships with students across the United States
- Make a significant impact on students’ learning journeys!
- More information listed on our site!
What You Need to Succeed:
- Relevant experience working with school-aged learners
- Consistent ongoing availability to support weekly session series, Monday-Friday
- Ability to tutor and engage students with clear communication
- Proficiency in using online virtual tools and technology
- Spanish bilinguals are welcomed!
- Essential equipment: Desktop/Laptop (Chrome browser), video camera, reliable internet, headset with a microphone and a quiet tutoring space with high-speed internet
- A Gmail email account
- Experience working with K12 students
- Commitment to maintaining scheduled sessions for strong tutor-student relationships
- Based in the United States and all tutoring sessions taught within the United States
- Availability: You will need to have a consistent schedule from week to week with availability at the same times each day for potential scheduling (Monday to Friday)
What you will receive:
- English/Reading and Math sessions: $18 per hour
- Optional: Following the successful completion of an algebra assessment. when tutoring a high school Algebra I session series: An additional $4 per hour
- Satisfaction that you are getting tutoring help to those students that need it the most.
Interested in joining us?
Possible following steps:
- Submit your application
- Complete a 2 minute video reply sharing your experience with math or algebra
- Attend a virtual mock appointment with a 5 minute mock tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement, consent to and pass a background check
Join us in shaping students’ academic journeys while enjoying the flexibility of remote tutoring with Littera Education!
- Some tutors may be invited to complete fingerprinting steps so that they are eligible for school districts that mandate fingerprinting. Previous fingerprinting is not transferable.