Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Technical Support Representative — full time, weekends + three weekdays — $37,500 / year + benefits
Its time to hire another amazing individual again. You could be the pick of the litter! Are you a resourceful problem solver who loves delivering top-notch customer service? If you’re good at diagnosing technical issues, enjoy helping customers, and have solid writing skills, then please apply!
Porkbun is a fully-remote domain name registrar. We’re looking to add multiple U.S.-based, full-time Technical Support Representatives.
From .com to .pizza to .plumbing, Porkbun sells more than 500 domain extensions direct to consumers. Our no-nonsense interface and super-affordable prices mean we’re adding new customers at a fantastic rate. We have become the go-to registrar for tech savvy individuals such as developers, while bargain-hunters are surprised to learn that we offer incredible support despite our industry-low prices.
We think Porkbun.com is the best registrar on the web. But even the easiest-to-use interface can’t solve every customer problem.
- “How do I connect my domain to Shopify?”
- “How do I transfer my domain to Porkbun?”
- “My website isn’t working.”
- “How do I purchase Wordpress hosting?”
- “Why didn’t my payment go through?”
- “Why is your company named Porkbun?”
Don’t know much about domains? We’ll train you! If you’ve got proven diagnostic ability and love learning new things, specific knowledge of the industry is not required.
- You can write emails with a professional tone, and deliver excellent support… even in the face of customer stress, tantrums, and disasters of their own making (and sometimes ours 😬)
- You love the feeling of making a customer happy
- You’re a really good problem solver
- You have at least one year of tech support experience either at an internal help desk or customer-facing position
- You have a steady Internet connection and a quiet room to work out of
- You work efficiently in a remote work environment
- You are perfectly fine with horrible hilarious puns
If the above describes you, or you can make a strong case for why we should hire you anyway, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Support Representative.”
The days required are Saturday and Sunday (firm), plus three weekdays. Available shifts start at either 7am Eastern time or 9am Pacific.
Starting pay: $37,500 / year + benefits
This position offers full medical, dental, and vision benefits (single), starting after 90 days, and a Simple IRA plan with company contribution after the first year.