Time zones: AEST (UTC +10)
Teamworks, the Operating System for Sports™, powers more than 6,000 sports organizations worldwide, including collegiate athletic departments and teams across all major professional leagues. With 300 exceptional employees in ten different countries, Teamworks’ software solutions drive the operations of the most recognizable sports properties in the world.
Smartabase, part of the Teamworks product suite, is a human performance optimization platform designed to meet the needs of modern sports and military organizations. Currently integrated with more than 100 different technology products, Smartabase is an athlete management system that serves as the source of truth for physical performance data, medical record-keeping, and more.
We seek an ambitious and intuitive Senior Software Engineer who has experience working on SaaS enterprise applications based on Java and AWS infrastructure. While our technology stack consists of Java, React, AWS, and .NET Core, we seek an engineer with robust and proven expertise in Java and AWS in large-scale and data-intensive environments.
This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to pioneer the next frontier in human performance technology and to contribute to the continued rapid scaling of one of the fastest-growing companies in sports tech.
- Work across engineering, product management, and product design to plan and execute the product strategy.
- Positively influence a team of engineers towards achieving outcomes while overcoming obstacles.
- Provide technical guidance, direction, and advice to key stakeholders, teams, and engineers.
- Identify and communicate software engineering best practices to enhance efficiency, performance, reliability, and security.
- Design and implement effective Java and AWS solutions by collaborating with engineers from various disciplines.
- Troubleshoot product issues and incidents that may occur due to application code, server, or network issues.
- Produce valuable and concise application and infrastructure documentation for appropriate audiences.
- Utilize message queuing systems such as Kafka and AWS SQS to improve the scalability and dependability of applications, focusing on efficient management of high-volume data handling and real-time processing.
- Implement and enhance software release processes, including quality assurance, performance benchmarking, and automation.
- Execute application re-architecture and refactoring initiatives to boost application scalability, reliability, performance, and maintainability.
- 5+ years of experience in AWS infrastructure, automation, and PaaS technologies.
- Experience building enterprise SaaS applications developed in Java and AWS that operate at a high scale for 100,000+ concurrent users.
- Experience developing enterprise SaaS applications and diagnosing JVM memory issues using heap forensic tooling.
- Experience with observability tooling implementation & configuration, e.g. AWS Cloudwatch / DataDog.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation with the ability to automate solutions.
- Experience with PostgreSQL (Design, Maintenance & Management).
- Understanding of authentication technologies and standards such as SAML & OIDC.
- Experience with SSL Certificate management for Java Applications.
- Experience with common scripting languages like Bash and Python.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling e.g. Circle CI, GitLab, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Experience with Red Hat / CentOS / Amazon Linux Server is desirable.
- Takes the initiative, proactively manages multiple priorities, and works well under pressure.
- Analytical, creative thinker, and strategic problem-solver.
- Delivers fast but carefully thought-out, high-quality results.
- Structured, organized, and efficient work style.
- Factual, direct communication style.
- Experience working asynchronously with coworkers across different time zones.
- Interested in managing engineers and leading high-performing teams as a potential career progression.
- Aligned with our core values: honesty, humility, hard work, commitment, innovation, and exceptionalism.
What we offer:
- 100% Remote First Company, with an available office in Brisbane.
- Be a part of shaping the future of the sports and military industries.
- Working as part of a global company.
- Employee Celebrated Reward and Recognition.
- Outstanding and inclusive remote workplace culture.
- Supported with career opportunities as the company grows.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
- Additional educational opportunities via Range that can be used for courses, conferences, and other options.
Founded in 2006, Teamworks started out as a messaging platform supporting collegiate football teams. Since then, we have raised five institutional rounds of funding totaling over $165M. Our B2B SaaS product offerings have grown to solve complex operational workflows involving communications, scheduling, data collection, rules compliance, and other issues specific to elite athletics. In addition to providing the premier operations platform serving the sports industry, we’ve also built or acquired the top solutions for Athlete Academic success (Retain), Alumni Engagement (Communities), Athlete Experience (Pulse), Compliance Services (ARMS), Name, Image, and Likeness (INFLCR), Sports Performance & Nutrition (Notemeal), Recruiting (Whistle), and Human Performance (Smartabase). Our product suite continues to grow, and we are the preeminent tech provider serving top-tier athletic organizations.
Our offices in Durham, NC, Brisbane, AUS, Reading, UK, Birmingham, AL, Broomfield, CO, Boston, MA and Richmond, VA are open for work, collaboration, and optional team-building events – but we have team members who live in Washington, Florida, New York, and everywhere in between. Attendance is 100% optional, even for team members who live right down the road.
Teamworks is an equal opportunity employer - if you live our core values every day and are honest, hardworking, humble, committed, innovative, and an all-around exceptional person, youll thrive at Teamworks. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and take affirmative action to not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and training. Teamworks is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Teamworks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Teamwork employees or any other organization location. Teamworks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.