Time zones: GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2)
Why join us
- build tech for good (really)
- truly remote environment (all of Engineering is fully remote)
- very experienced team (10y+ average experience)
- unique tech & product challenges
- competitive compensation (90-120k €/year)
👪 Your team and context
Youll be joining our Data team, alongside the Head of Data and a Machine Learning Engineer. The team is responsible for processing all of our backend data (both functional and bespoke analytics events tables) to produce insights, reporting, and delivering the machine learning projects used across our user experience.
🎯 Your missions
As our Senior Data Engineer, you will serve a pivotal role in our organisation, performing a combination of tasks on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to:
- Architecting the Future of Data Engineering: Weve initiated our journey towards the next generation of data processing at Peanut, leveraging Airflow, DBT, and Snowflake. We need a skilled and committed Engineer to materialise this vision by developing robust and reliable code, adhering to best practices, and constructing a scalable, future-proof pipeline that caters to the needs of our growing business.
- Project Delivery: Acting on high-level directives from Marketing and Product teams, you will oversee the design, delivery, testing, and maintenance of individual reports and dashboards, ensuring accuracy and reliability of data insights.
- Collaborative Support: You will contribute to code reviews within the Data team and offer valuable inputs into table design and analytics events across Engineering and Product teams. You may also be called upon to assess data accuracy and define data requirements for upcoming projects, ensuring our product developments are data-informed.
- Continuous Improvement: You are expected to be proactive in identifying areas of technical debt, performance or scalability issues, and production bugs. Working closely with the rest of the data/engineering team, you will strategize and plan corrective actions to address these areas, ensuring the optimal operation of our data systems.
- Fostering Innovation: Your participation in ideation workshops is crucial, and we anticipate your active contribution of new ideas for technical or user-facing features. We believe in the collective brilliance of our team, and were eager to hear your fresh and innovative ideas to drive the product forward.
- Competitive compensation: €90-120k/year depending on experience.
- Share options.
- Work anywhere (in Europe).We care about the work done, not where you do it from. Most of us work remotely full time, and were equally happy if youd prefer to work from our London HQ or anywhere in Europe. You just need a suitable workspace and a good internet connection.
- Flexible schedule.Many of us are parents and/or have various personal life commitments. While we typically work around 40 hours a week, how you schedule your work hours is up to you.
- Data Modelling and Warehousing: You have a solid understanding of data modelling principles and have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data warehouses.
- Experienced Data Pipeline Builder: You have 5+ years of experience building data pipelines for an analytics use case.
- SQL Proficient: You possess strong SQL fundamentals. Our flavours are PostgreSQL and Snowflake.
- Airflow Expert: You understand the do’s and don’ts of data orchestration using Airflow, including how to setup locally and in the cloud, as well as the use and creation of operators.
- Analytical Mind: You have the ability to read and understand data, to be able to test processes thoroughly, and gather insights for others.
- Familiarity with DBT: You have hands-on experience with DBT, including understanding its best practices.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms: Youre familiar with major cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Knowledge of Data Security and Governance: You are well-versed in data privacy regulations (like GDPR) and data security best practices.
- Project Management Skills: You can effectively manage project timelines, resources, and stakeholder expectations.
- Startup Environment Savvy: You have worked in an early-stage startup environment and are comfortable with the dynamism and pace of such settings.
- Remote Team Experience: You have successfully worked remotely with a distributed team.
- Impact Driven: You want to build technology for good, and our work ethic resonates with you. You see how it can guide your day-to-day work.
- Communicative: You have strong written and spoken English skills and can explain complex technical concepts in a clear and accessible way.
- Problem Solver: You have robust problem-solving skills and can troubleshoot under pressure.
- Self-Motivated and Independent: You can effectively work alone and drive tasks to completion without supervision.
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with rapid changes that come with early-stage startups.
- Resident: You live in Europe (incl. EU, EEE, or UK).
- Willing to Travel: You are willing to travel 3-4 days every 2-3 months to meet the team.