🚀 Want to join a team of A-players in an exciting, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment?
We’re a fast-growing team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped and profitable since 2013, were passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth, streamline operations, and deliver a great customer experience at scale.
Our products provide a powerful foundation for property management companies to take their businesses to the next level. Thousands of property managers rely on us for their day-to-day operations and we’re only getting started.
We want to increase the throughput of great ideas through the organization and into customers’ hands. We are driven, disciplined, clear-eyed about tradeoffs, and committed to moving fast without breaking things. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to maximize the value we’re delivering to customers, by discovering and validating the best approach to each problem, and designing a great solution we can build in a short amount of time. We follow the Shape Up Process, with influences from Marty Cagan (Silicon Valley Product Group) and the Lean Startup movement. If this excites you, let’s talk!
The Product Manager’s primary mission is to help ensure that we deliver valuable solutions to customers. They lead discovery and delivery on prioritized problems, working closely with design, engineering, success, sales, and marketing to craft high impact features and customer experiences. They work in an empowered and collaborative environment to define scope, meet timelines and achieve business results. They contribute to defining the product vision, mentoring the team, improving approaches for product discovery, and ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Ideal Candidate Has Experience In
- Customer Interviews (Problem interviews, Solution interviews, Usability Testing)
- Customer Journey Maps
- Use Cases
- Customer Segmentation
- User Story Mapping
Frameworks & Mental Models
- Opportunity Solution Trees
- Problem space vs. Solution space
- Design Thinking
- JTBD + 4 Forces
- Magic Moments
- Business Model Canvas
- BJ Fogg Behavior Model
- Leading vs Lagging Indicators
- Behavioral Loops
- Unit Economics
- Bottlenecks & Constraints
- Identifies biggest risks
- Categorizes risks into Viable, Valuable, Feasible, Usable
- Quickly answers Critical Questions
- Facilitates Workshops
- Design Sprints
- Collaborates well with Designers & Engineers
- Experiment Design & Failure Criteria
- Feature Flags
- Alpha/Beta Release Cycles
Data & Technical Skills
- Cohort Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Events (Segment.io)
- Formulas & Calculations
Expectations for your first 90 days:
- Develop a solid grasp of our product lines, feature sets, value proposition, business model, pricing, product development process, and document this for the benefit of future product team members.
- Can articulate our target customers, product areas and business model
- Listens to or conducts 10 customer interviews
- Updates Employee Onboarding Process
- Become an authority on your product area, its current capabilities, customer problems, and begins shaping solutions.
- Shaped 3 pitches to product area
- Develop product pitches for the current quarter and lead Betting Table exercise to greenlight work.
- Presents pitches to product leadership
- Pitches are greenlit
- Lead delivery efforts on approved pitches
- Earned the respect of their team
- Customers are happy about the changes shipped
- Monthly Friday Free Day
- Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off (in addition to the above)
- Monthly Healthcare Allowance
- Yearly Vacation Allowance
- Fun and busy work environment with smart, caring people
- Location independence (must align within a few hours of US Pacific Time Zone)
- Mission driven company and values-based culture
Please only apply if you:
- Embrace learning new technology
- Learn fast
- Communicate crisply
- Proactively seek solutions
- Own the outcome
- Bring an optimistic “can do” attitude
- Supply your own internet and smartphone
- 3 years demonstrated success in similar role:
- PM on 2 successful SaaS products (work sample required)
- Bachelors Degree (preferred)
- Have B2B SaaS experience (preferred)
- Experience in ShapeUp not required, but beneficial
- Prototype, Pitch, or Project Delivery Plan examples may be requested
We have an amazing team of A-Players and we’re ready to add more! Selected candidates might have written assessments and multiple interviews with different people. We’ll do whatever it takes to get the right person in the right seat.
If you think you would thrive in the above environment and make an impact for our customers, we’d love to talk to you!
You can do it in an office
You can do it from home
We really don’t care
As long as it’s known 👇
What matters is this…
When the chips are down
And your back is against the wall
Can we count on you to make the right call?
Judgment, intuition, or care by another name
We call it “Owning The Outcome” - because it really is the whole game
Have the customers back, and they will treat you the same
If you can do that
Then we’re birds of the same feather
So come join our team and we’ll make music together.