Freelance Home Design and Lifestyle News Writer – HouseDigest.com
Static Media, Remote
Salary: $21 per hour
Join Mediabistro to Apply
Steady freelance work that pays on time!Home design and lifestyle site House Digest is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on architecture, interior design, gardening, housekeeping, and HGTV and similar networks.We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About House Digest
At House Digest, we work hard to make sure you can live well. We cover home renovation trends, home design trends, and more. Our team of writers and editors have years of experience working in the home and garden media space. Do you need to know the best color to paint your walls, how to find the right plants for you, or need some serious celeb home inspo? House Digest gives you everything you need to make your house into a home.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in a custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
What We Offer:
- Compensation: $21 per hour
- Reliable payment: we pay on time, twice a month
- Flexible scheduling: you choose the days and hours you work
- Fully remote: you can work from anywhere in the world
- Excellent exposure: Static Medias sites receive more than 170 million monthly visitors and our content is syndicated via SmartNews, Apple News+, MSN, and Yahoo
- Minimum three years editorial experience writing and/or editing
- Experience with building content in a CMS
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook
How To Apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A brief letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared onHouse Digest (attach these in a PDF or provide links in your cover letter — if providing links in your cover letter, please list full URLs separately rather than linking over the body text of your cover letter)
Applications missing anyof these elements will not be considered.
All content on Static Media’s sites is written entirely by humans. While we understand AI-written content is becoming prevalent, any articles submitted using AI during the hiring process will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
With up-to-the-minute news, original insights, exclusive interviews, and expert advice to make every day better, Static Media’s ever-growing family of websites gives readers the great content they crave. From original recipes to movie reviews to travel guides, Static Media has you covered.